Have you been struggling to get rid of that side fat but are unable to? Do you wonder what kind of exercises can help you remove side fat quickly and effectively? Side fat does look very unappealing and is generally the first to appear and the last to go.
What if there are certain super-simple exercises that can help you get rid of side fat faster than you had thought? You would love it, wouldn’t you? Wondering how to reduce side fat by exercise? Then you got to read this post and try out the top exercises that can kick off that side fat real fast!
1. Stability Ball Leg Extensions:
Performing leg extensions helps you work your lower belly, but doing it on a stability ball just makes it way more awesome. Stability ball leg extensions stimulate the muscles in your lower back, while engaging the core muscles. This improves core strength and increases core stability too.
- With the stability ball underneath your hips, begin on all fours.
- Slightly lean forward to ensure that your feet are an inch off the floor and extend your legs.
- Slowly lift your legs with your toes pointed until they are parallel to the floor.
- Lower your legs and return to starting position.
- Make sure you don’t bend your knees during the entire rep.
- Perform 2 sets of 10 reps.
2. Lying Superman:
Lying superman are excellent for the lower back muscles. To perform a lying superman:
- Lie face down with arms and legs extended.
- Slowly lift your right arm along with your left leg.
- Return to starting position and repeat by raising your left arm and right leg.
- Bring your arm and leg down to starting position very slowly and keep alternating sides.
- Perform 3 sets of 15 reps on each side.
3. Side Planks:
When it comes to working your obliques, side planks can be a real treat.
- With your elbow supporting your body, lie on your right side and extend your legs. You can keep your upper foot on top of the other or in front of it if you’re having trouble maintaining a steady position.
- Raise your left arm toward the ceiling and gently lift your hip off the floor with your spine straight.
- Maintain this position for a count of 30 and lower your hip to starting position.
- Perform 10 reps each side holding for 30 seconds.
4. Bird dog:
This exercise improves muscle coordination and balance, thus making it easier to keep your spine stable while performing everyday moves such as running, walking, lifting and carrying. In addition, it works your hamstrings, lower spine, upper back and your glutes.
- Start on all fours with your knees hip-width apart right under your hips.
- With your hands shoulder-width apart and flat on the floor, squeeze your abs by sucking your belly button in toward the spine. Avoid arching your back and rotating your hips. Your spine should be neutral throughout the entire move.
- Extend your arm straight ahead and your right leg back.
- Hold in this position for a count of three or as long as possible.
- Perform 5 to 8 reps per side.
5. Stability Ball Russian Twists:
The stability ball is the star for today and all for the good reasons. Stability ball Russian twists work the oblique muscles in the body while engaging your abs and lower back.
- Grab a medicine ball with both hands and sit on the stability ball. Walk Your feet forward until your head, shoulder blades and neck are supported by the stability ball.
- Form a bridge position by lifting your hips up and extend your arms up holding the medicine ball right over your chest.
- Then bring your arms parallel to the floor by twisting your trunk to the right.
- Slowly twist to the center and return to starting position.
- Repeat with your other side and return to initial position.
- Perform 3 sets of 12 reps per side.