Weight loss and aging can both contribute to the development of sagging skin in the thigh region, but you don’t have to live with it. Sometimes, you have to create a workout regime that really focuses in on the areas that cause you the most issues. Don’t work hard, work smarter!
No matter what your lifestyle looks like, there are thigh workouts for you. Whether you are in the best shape of your life or just starting your fitness journey, some methods will get you the results you are looking for. Let’s take a look at 6 exercises that are proven to tighten and tone those inner thighs. You’ll be happy that you did.
Inner thigh leg lift:
Lie on the side and bend the top leg over the bottom one and put the knee on the ground in front of you. Raise the straight leg few inches and then lower it back, but make sure it doesn’t touch the ground. Do 10 repetitions on one side and 10 on the other.
This kick tones and slims your inner thighs as you help control your leg through a circular range of motion, while also stretching your inner thigh muscles as you open your leg to the side.
- Standing with feet hip-width apart, arms relaxed by your sides, look straight ahead.
- Step onto your left foot, brush your right leg forward off the floor and create a large circular sweep from left to right with your leg.
- Then step onto right foot, and repeat on the left.
- That’s one rep. Repeat this move 10 times.
Side and Cross-Over Lunges:
This exercise will help you to tone your inner thighs as it hits them from different directions.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Take your left foot making a wide side-step.
- Bend your right knee so you push your hips behind you when you are stepping aside.
- Your right leg remains extended as you move your body weight on your left side.
- Touch the ground with your finger tips so your arms on either side of the left foot.
- Return to standing position. Perform 1 set for each leg, 10-15 repetitions.
- For the classic lunges, stand with your right leg forward and left leg back.
- Then slowly bend the knees until both legs are nearly at right angles. Then push back up to starting position.
- Remember to keep your back straight and don’t let your knees extend over your toes. Perform 1 set for each leg, 10-15 repetitions.
This exercise will make your upper thighs. You can use a chair of do this exercise against a wall. You just need to press our back against the wall and bend your knees until your are in a sitting position, keeping your back straight. Hold the position at least 40 seconds while tightening your abs and thighs. Get back up and repeat. Repeat this exercise at least 4 times.
Stability Ball Leg Lifts:
This is one of the easy-to-do exercises for slimmer thigh that includes a stability ball. This stability ball exercise makes the inner thigh workouts a bit more challenging. It helps to tone the core and inner thighs.
- Lie on your side with your arms kept crossed in front of your body, and a stability ball placed your feet.
- Gently lift the ball up towards the ceiling using your hips and butt and then return to the starting position.
- This makes 1 repetition. Complete 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Mountain climbers are like a sped-up version of the Knee-Ins. Take a strong plank position with your body and draw one knee forward.
- Instead of holding your knee to your chest, keep your toes lightly on the floor and switch knees rapidly as if running, or climbing, in the horizontal plane.
- Keep your ribs knit and stay light on your feet and hands.
Reps: Complete eight to ten sets of Mountain Climbers before resetting your heels together and cycling through your pushup ending (that is, folding your chest to your thighs and walking back to your feet to roll up and stand).