Getting wrinkles is a common problem, which usually occurs due to the ageing of skin. Ageing of skin does not necessarily mean that you are getting older; however, it can also be damaged skin that can cause wrinkles.
Thereby, you are susceptible to get wrinkles even in your 20’s. Sometimes, you can see wrinkling of the skin even in kids. This is because of lack of care of the skin. Most women are seen to take excessive care of their face, in terms of cleansing, toning, moisturizing and massaging on the regular basis, in order to keep their facial skin to look young.
Signs & Symptoms
- Fine lines around the eyes, mouth, and on the neck
- Skin sagging in different areas, especially on the face and neck
- Loose skin on the hands
- Deep wrinkles or furrows around the lips and eyes
1. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera is an ancient plant/herb which is used to make various beauty products. This herb contains a rare acid, called “Malic acid”. This acid improves elasticity of skin and reduces wrinkle naturally. It tightens skin cells and prevent them from future tearing and infections.
Aloe vera home remedy can produce unpleasant smell but it’s worth it. You can make topical cream and lotion using aloe vera at home. You will need aloe vera gel and lavender oil for it’s added benefits.
How to make aloe vera cream for reducing wrinkles
- Pluck fresh aloe vera leaf and cut it open.
- Extract the gel and keep it in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Take 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and add 2 teaspoons of lavender oil.
- Mix it well to make thick paste.
- Apply it directly on wrinkled skin and massage for 5 minutes.
- Let it dry naturally for 2 hours before rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Use this DIY cream daily until your skin is wrinkle free.
Fenugreek leaves and seeds are rich in mineral and enzymes which shrink wrinkles. The mineral and vitamins are easily absorbed which gives added advantage for fast recovery. Using this simple remedy will help you treat fine lines and marks caused due to aging.
It also help you remove free radicals from skin which causes dark circles and freckles. Fenugreek seeds or its oil can be found in herbal store and they are cheap. Cheap is good!
- Put handful of fenugreek leaves in one cup of water.
- Bring it to boil and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Blend these moist leaves to make thick paste.
- Rinse your face and neck with lukewarm water before using this remedy.
- Apply thick layer of this cream on face and cover the area under eye.
- Let it dry naturally or at-least keep it for 2 hours.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Moisturize as usual with mild lotion.
- Do this treatment daily before going to bed.
People who tend to tan their skin regularly are prone to skin damages and very much vulnerable towards signs of aging. Wrinkle on face and around eye is common among these people. So how can you reduce the chances of having wrinkled face? Turmeric is the key.
Turmeric is an ancient home remedy which is used for various skin ailments. Curcumin, an active compound found in turmeric is highly effective and works as wrinkle remover. Make a habit of using sunscreen before exposing your skin to sun rays.
- Put 1 carrot and 2 tablespoons of roasted turmeric powder in blender.
- Blend it for 5 minutes to make smooth and thick paste.
- Cover your eye, chins, cheeks, and neck with this paste.
- Leave it for 1-2 hours then wash it off.
- Pat dry and moisturize as usual.
- Repeat this remedy daily for 2 weeks.
- Also increase the intake of turmeric in your diet.
Almonds are another popular home remedy for wrinkles. Due to Vitamin E and fatty acids present in almonds, it can work as instant wrinkle filler(not in literal sense). You can use almond oil as carrier oil in other remedies.
Oleic acid is found in almonds which reduces the process of aging and help you look younger for long time. Eating handful of almonds daily will increase skin quality.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of almond oil with 1 scoop of aloe vera gel.
- Mix them well and apply the paste on your face.
- Leave it for 1 hour then rinse it off.
- Alternatively, mix equal amount of almond and coconut oil.
- Apply it on affected area before going to bed and let it heal wrinkles for overnight.
- Rinse off the oil in the morning with lukewarm water.
- Do this daily until your condition improves.
Papaya is sweet fruit that has multiple benefits for us, one of which is its amazing skin nourishment properties. Eating it does wonders for your skin, and making a pack of it for topical use can leave skin supple and fresh.
How To Prepare:
Crush the papaya slice and mix it with the oats to form a thick paste. Apply sufficient quantity on your problem areas and leave it on for 20 minutes and wash it off.
Bananas are a readily available and cheap natural anti-aging remedy. This fruit is loaded with skin benefitting nutrients such as potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin E that makes it a complete remedy for all skin problems. It helps in hydrating and moisturizing dry skin, improving collagen production, skin elasticity and suppleness and fighting the damage causing free radicals and oxidation stress to provide a flawless and younger looking skin and adds a healthy glow to it.
Mash 2 ripe bananas to form a smooth paste, apply it evenly on clean face and let it stay for 30 minutes, wash off thoroughly with water and apply moisturizer.
Honey is nature’s answer to all skin problems. It is the best nourishment for dry skin that helps in keeping skin hydrated by preventing moisture loss. It exfoliates skin to remove dead cells and promotes the regeneration of new cells which in turn lightens age spots, hyper pigmentation and scars. Vitamin B and potassium present in honey also helps in improving skin elasticity and suppleness.
Take a teaspoon of pure honey on your palm and apply it on your clean face using soft circular motion, let it stay for 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
8. Lemon Juice:
The natural bleaching property of lemon juice makes it a perfect natural remedy for removing tan and sunburn. Being a rich source of citric acid, it helps in exfoliating skin, removing dead skin cells and impurities and shrinking open pores to provide a smooth and younger appearance to skin. It tightens the tissues and increases skin elasticity to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It also helps in improving complexion and adding a healthy glow to skin.
Squeeze out the juice from one lemon and dab on clean face with the help of cotton ball, let it stay for 30 minutes and wash off with water.
Pineapple acts as an amazing natural remedy for improving digestion and treating digestive disorders. Pineapple juice is also effective for preventing premature aging. Being loaded with antioxidants such as potassium and vitamin C, pineapple juice helps in neutralizing the harmful effects of free radicals and oxidative stress of cells thus preventing premature aging of skin. It also helps in improving skin tone and correcting uneven skin tone, dark patches, age spots and hyper pigmentation.
Crush 1/2 cup of pineapple pulp in the blender to form a smooth paste, apply it on face and neck and let it stay for 20 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water.