If receding gums are your concern then you are on the right place. In this article you will discover 9 of the best homemade solutions for receding gums.
Gingivitis is an issue which can be manifested by bad breath, and swollen or red gums. If you don’t treat it, it can progress to periodontitis.
If you have poor oral hygiene, you will probably have plaque build-up, which can be the cause for gum disease. There are also other things that can make this problem worse:
- Poor nutrition
- Certain medications
- Hormonal changes
- Genetic predisposition
There are things you can do them yourself, that can help in the treatment of gum disease.
1. Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is incredible for oral care. It has calming and antibacterial properties and it removes poisons out of your mouth.
- Swish 1 tbsp. of sesame oil in your mouth for 15 minutes.
- Spit the oil out and flush your mouth with water.
- Repeat this each day for a whole month.
2. Sea Salt
Using warm water and sea salt to flush your mouth is the least difficult strategy for treating gum disease.
- Put a small amount of sea salt in water.
- Swish the blend in your mouth for a while and spit it out.
- Do this 3 times every day, ideally after you brush your teeth.
3. Tea Bags
The tannin found in the tea bag can diminish gum disease.
- Put a tea bag in boiled water and leave it for 10 minutes. Let it cool down afterwards.
- Put the tea bag on the red or swollen range and let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Do this as often as you can.
4. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea has anti-inflammatory and calming properties and can diminish the irritation.
- Add 2 tsp. of chamomile blossoms to one cup of boiling water.
- Let the blend soak for 10 minutes.
- Then, strain it and leave it to cool down.
- Use the tea as a gargle
- Do this three times per day so you can see best results.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has calming properties, which makes it the best option to relieve the pain from gum disease.
- Massage the Aloe Vera gel directly onto the gums.
- Or, you can let the gel stay on the gums for 30 minutes and after that flush it off.
Other thing you can do:
- You can gargle some Aloe Vera gel and spit it out.
- You can drink 2 tsp. of Aloe Vera juice twice per day.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has anti-microbial and calming properties that can give fast results in calming the irritated gums.
- Add a drop of tea tree oil on your toothpaste and brush the teeth few times per day.
- Use it for a month.
Note: Don’t swallow the oil.
Myrrh has antibacterial and astringent properties. It is prescribed by botanists as a solution for sore gums.
- Put 10 drops of myrrh tincture in a cup of boiling water and utilize it as a mouth flush.
- Repeat a few times, until the point that you feel the relief.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can be utilized to treat gum illness because of its antibacterial and calming properties,. If you mix it with baking soda, it will neutralize the acids found in the mouth.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of baking soda and 2 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Use this as a toothpaste a few times every week all the time.
9. Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice contains high amounts of vitamin C, and therefore is fantastic for battling gum disease.
Consuming 4 ounces of cranberry juice every day can prevent bacteria to stick on your teeth.
You can also eat oranges, strawberries, lemons, grapes, blueberries, grapefruits, papaya, broccoli and red pepper, because they have a lot of vitamin C.
For anybody with gum illness, it is essential to keep your teeth clean all the time, including every day brushing and utilizing a mouth wash to decrease plaque development on teeth!