Acupressure has been part of Chinese holistic medicine for centuries. It uses the same principles as acupuncture, and it provides the same results. Acupressure is a body healing method, which doesn’t only treat disease, but also promotes relaxation and overall well-being.
It’s important to know that all acupuncture points on your body are linked to certain organs and pressing these can help you soothe stomachaches, heartburn, and indigestion.
Read on and find out how to help your body self-heal by using acupuncture.
POINT A — CENTER OF POWER
- This point takes the central part of your body. It’s located halfway between the base of the breastbone and the navel. Pressing this point can help you treat abdominal pain and spasms, constipation, indigestion, heartburn, emotional stress, such as anxiety and frustration, which can also trigger digestive issues.
- However, if you suffer from chronic or serious illnesses including heart problems, cancer or high blood pressure, you shouldn’t press this point too hard. Also, be cautious not to press this point for longer than two minutes, and never on an empty stomach.
POINT B — SEA OF ENERGY
- You can find this point 2-finger widths below your navel.
- If you massage this point, you can relieve abdominal and the lower back pain, constipation, gas, as well as digestive problems.
- You can either use your fingertips or your palm to press this point.
- Ideally, you should press point B for one minute while focusing on deep breathing.
POINTS C — THREE MILE POINT
- This point is located 4-finger widths below the kneecap, 1-finger width to the outside of the shinbone.
- To be sure that you’ve found the right point, feel if your muscle flexes as you move your foot up and down.
- If it does, you’re in the right place. Massaging these points can alleviate stomachache, indigestion, stomach disorders, and fatigue.
POINTS D AND POINTS E — SEA OF VITALITY
- You can locate point D in the lower back, 2-finger widths from the spine at waist level, whereas pint E is positioned in 4- fingers width from the spine at waist level. If you press these two points, you can relieve indigestion and abdominal pain. However, be wary not to use the treatment if you have disintegrating discs or fractured or broken bones. Also, avoid this healing method if you suffer from a weak back. What you can do is press the spots lightly to stimulate healing.
POINTS F — GRANDFATHER GRANDSON
- You can find this point on the arch, 1-thumb width from the ball of the foot in the direction of the heel. If you press this point, you can easily soothe abdominal cramps, stomachache, indigestion, and diarrhea. In addition, this method can be quite beneficial for those who suffer from hypochondria or chronic anxiety.
POINTS G — INNER GATE
- Find this point in the middle of the inner wrist, two-and-one-half-finger width below the wrist joint.
- Using acupuncture on this point will help you treat stomachaches, indigestion, nausea, and anxiety.
- For best results, press this point for one minute while breathing deeply. For firm pressure, use a hooked thumb.
- You should always follow these treatments by drinking plenty of water in order to remove toxins from your body.